Blog Catalog

History Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Followers

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tredway and Friends at the Chautauqua

GROUP HANDS OFF TO A HAROLD SAXOPHONE SOLO.

The evening of July 5th was the beginning of hopefully something special. Though only a small crowd from 5:30 pm to 10ish pm, it was something that is needed in Waxahachie. Talent and and even wishful talent needs a place to spread it's wings. Randy Tredway has a vision to bring Waxahachie into the music world. I stopped by after work and gave a listen. I left to go searching for the Beauty Shop house used in Places In The Heart. No luck. When I came back with my grape snow cone, I found my long time family friends Alan and PJ Searsy(PJ is the director of the Waxahachie Community Theater.) I heard some Hippy look'n fellas sing about making love under the catfish moon. Absolutely great fun! I noticed a fella named Harold had been sitting in the back playing a saxaphone since I had left 3 hours earlier. Harold added a nice compliment to the songs. I believe he is in his 80's and I thought I heard was Randy's Granpa. My favorite song was the one about "if want to ride with the devil he'll be wanting to drive". Something like that. I really enjoyed the lyrics and the music. I am really looking forward for the songwriter's concerts to catch on. Hopefully we can get some writers to write about the rich History of Ellis County.


Tredway plans on having the Songwriter Concerts once a month from now on beginning with the July 5, 2008 performance.
“The songwriters that we have been talking about performing at Chautauqua are excited about performing there because of the history of the place. People like Will Rogers have performed there,” Tredway said. “We have had nothing but support from the city and we believe that we can make this happen. However, we need the community supporting us by coming out to the event.”-Randy Tredway


http://www.tredwayandfriends.com/

REMAINING SONGWRITER'S CONCERT DATES
AUGUST 16TH
SEPTEMBER 6th
OCTOBER 11th
NOVEMBER 8th
DECEMBER 13th
2009
JANUARY 10th
FEBRUARY 14th
MARCH 14th
APRIL 11TH
MAY 9TH
JUNE 13TH
JULY 11TH
AUGUST 8TH
SEPTEMBER 12TH
OCTOBER 10TH

NOVEMBER 14TH

DECEMBER 12TH

No comments:

Powered By Blogger