Input much appreciated
Friday, July 18, 2008
This church was used in the beginning and the end of the movie. At the end was an emotional scene about forgiveness. It's a very interesting peaceful setting. Many Sims are buried in the cemetery across the road from the church and the God's acres pavilion was used in the second dance scene. I believe Ellis County Commissioner Heath Sims is a current member of the Church. The Sims were early settlers of Ellis County and founders of the Bethel Church. I believe N. P. Sims is Heath's Great Great Uncle. The church is in the vicinity of the community of Boz.
I sneaked a picture of the inside through a small clear rectangular piece of glass on the door. Wood floors and wood pews are still their like in the movie. GPS approximate location is 32 deg 17' 44.45"N 96 deg 54' 53.45"W
This video is spliced with my video of the current appearance of the Bethel Church. Notice the large bushes are gone beside the entrance. There is also a bar across the circle stained glass dove picture in the movie but not now. Also in the movie the beautiful windows are open as is the front door for air circulation. Now the church has ac.
- Johnson County Genealogical Society
- Texas History Page
- Texas Methodist History
- Dallas History Forum
- North Texas History Center
- Blog Cabin Village
- Texas History Page
- Texas History & Genealogy Blog
- Glenn's Texas History Blog
- Alamo Sentry
- Historic Bridge Foundation
- The History of the Lone Star State
- Texas Reader
Ellis County History Resources
- Places In The Heart: Rogers Hotel/First Farmers Ba...
- ---Places In The Heart:Viaduct/Railroad------
- Places in the Heart:Spalding Home
- Places In The Heart:Five Points Cotton Gin
- Places In The Heart:Bethel Methodist Church
- Places in the Heart: :Tornado Road
- The Trip To Bountiful Bus stop at Ennis st and 878...
- Largest Tree Girth In Ellis County?
- Tredway and Friends at the Chautauqua
- Midlothian July 3rd 2008 Fireworks
- Citizen's National Bank 140 Years Old Today!
- ▼ July (11)