Blog Catalog

History Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Followers

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Crude Arrow Head found below Indian Hill by me


Probably found late 1980's early 1990's. Very crude and I've had "experts" tell me that maybe it was a point that was turned into another tool. Who knows? I have found better in other places of Texas. I've only seen mainly crude arrowheads from Ellis County. There is a guy I met once that had found some really nice points in the cotton fields of Avalon and Bardwell. In fact, when the Super Collider was coming SMU put out an add for people to bring artifacts they had found so that the Federal government could document Archeological findings in Ellis County. That was before the SSC tore things up. This guy I met showed them a huge fossilized shark tooth that Indians had converted into a knife. The SMU archeologist's jaws dropped to the floor.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger